Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Grand Canyon


WOAH! This is a really, really big hole! Dad said it is 8000 feet to the bottom. He said that a lot. Especially when I got near the edge. Which I did a lot. It was so cool to throw rocks over the sides. I never heard them land.

We rode buses all afternoon and saw the canyon from many different places. But it was all kinda the same for me. Yep. It's still a hole. Yep. It's still big. I mean...I liked it okay, but going around looking at it just wasn't the same as doing something like going down in it or maybe something like that. But Dad said we just didn't have time and that we could go in it next time we came. Okay.

That night, Dad came running in from a short walk freakin' and telling me to come on. He drove us to one of the lookout places...in the DARK! When he told me to look up...I freaked!! There were more stars that I had ever seen! Some places the stars were so crowded that it looked like clouds! Being at the lookout at night was kinda cold and creeped me out a little, but it was worth it. We even saw hikers miles down in the canyon.

Here's a picture of a squirrel that kept coming up to me right at the edge of the canyon. Dad said he was old. But he sure was friendly.

This is a cool place and I'll definitely be coming back. But not to just look. Next time...I'm going in!