Sunday, July 22, 2007

Carlsbad Caverns / Abilene, Texas


I guess I didn't get my sleep out the night before, cause while Dad drove this morning, I slept. I guess I didn't miss anything...probably. I'm sure Dad would've woken me up.

After lunchtime we arrived at Carlsbad Caverns. Another big hole. Only this time, I WENT IN! Here's a picture of me doing just that. I know this looks like a little hole in the picture, but it went down, like, forever. Dad said we'd be going down 750 feet before we got to the bottom. And we did...down, down and down more.

This is my first really big cave and it's really cool. Almost cold. HA! At least it wasn't like the walk at Arches. I felt fine all the way down and saw all kinds of rock formations, some that came down, some that went up, some that went both ways, and some that went both ways but didn't quite touch. Those were my favorite.

I hate that the ranger that took our tickets before we went in told us we had to whisper whe we were in the cave. Carlsbad Caverns is great for echoes. And I love making echoes! Unfortunately Dad was the only one making echoes. He started pooting when we were about half way down. They were louder than usual, if that's even possible.

I'll be coming back here someday (only WITHOUT ol' Trumpet Butt!)

After the caverns, we drove into night until we got lost in Abilene, Texas. When we finally found the hotel, it was real late so we just passed out.